[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Where to buy extra long AT controller cable?

owenc@hpindwa.HP.COM (Owen Cheung) (02/08/90)

Anybody have experience hooking up a external hard disk to a AT controller?
Where did you by the extra long cable to connect the controller to the
harddisk?  Bay Area shop please!  I live in So. San Francisco and work in
Cupertino.  So any shop near home or work is fine!  Any help is
appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Owen

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (02/09/90)

owenc@hpindwa.HP.COM (Owen Cheung) writes:

>Anybody have experience hooking up a external hard disk to a AT controller?
>Where did you by the extra long cable to connect the controller to the
>harddisk?  Bay Area shop please!  I live in So. San Francisco and work in
>Cupertino.  So any shop near home or work is fine!  Any help is
>appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

I got one from a place called Altex Electronics.  I don't have the address,
but they advertise in Computer Shopper (among other mags)

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.

barton@holston.UUCP (Barton A. Fisk) (02/13/90)

In article <1302@ispi.UUCP>, jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) writes:
> owenc@hpindwa.HP.COM (Owen Cheung) writes:
>

> >Anybody have experience hooking up a external hard disk to a AT controller?
> >Where did you by the extra long cable to connect the controller to the
> >harddisk?  Bay Area shop please!  I live in So. San Francisco and work in

I have had many ribbon cables made for floppy/hard disks. Just
about any hardware repair facility worth it's salt can make
you just about any cable configuration you need.
--
Barton A. Fisk          | UUCP: {attctc,texbell}vector!holston!barton
PO Box 1781             | (PSEUDO) DOMAIN: barton@holston.UUCP