[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Looking for software to keep track of grades

lulu@ucrmath.ucr.edu (david lu) (02/03/90)

Dear Netters,

I've posted this message a few days ago.  But since I did not get
any replies, via mail or postings, I've decided to repost in the
case that the original message never reached the net ...

Anyway, I'm looking for a public domain/shareware/payware program
that would help a teacher keep track of student grades.  It should
support multiple classes, 100+ students per class, generate
grade reports (possibly with optional curve), etc.  Since this will
be for someone with minimum computer experience, user friendliness
will be great.

This person is looking for something better than a spreadsheet,
which is what he is using now.

If you know of such a program, please let me know.  Also, if there
is a more appropriate newsgroup for this question (for example, for
educators), please let me know that as well.  Thanks in advance!

					- David

---==lulu@ucrmath==---  just another bewildered college undergraduate.

Norm walks into Cheers.
Everyone: Norm!
Someone : How's the world treating you, Norm?
Norm    : Like a baby treats a diaper.
						- Cheers

infotech@rupert.misemi (Mike Sullivan) (02/13/90)

In article <3844@ucrmath.UCR.EDU> lulu@ucrmath.UUCP (david lu) writes:
>Anyway, I'm looking for a public domain/shareware/payware program
>that would help a teacher keep track of student grades.  It should
>support multiple classes, 100+ students per class, generate
>grade reports (possibly with optional curve), etc.  Since this will
>be for someone with minimum computer experience, user friendliness
>will be great.

Try a program called "Gradebook" from AEIUS, or AGIUS, its shareware and
pretty good... I've known several teachers to use an old version of it
and there's probably a newer version on a BBS near you. If not I can send
you a copy of the old (evaluation) version...
Ross Bannerman              |  uunet!mitel!infotech
KANATA, Ont. Canada         | Insert standard legalese here....