[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Income Tax Program

dan@mfg.zehntel.com (Dan Purinton ) (02/13/90)

I recently found a great program that was designed to run on an IBM
personal computer or clone. It was designed to be easy to use and fast
as well as combine federal and California taxes into one program. It
sells for $50.00 in California only. I told them I might be able to get
some business for them if I could tell people about it on this net and
people could buy it at a discount since there would be no advertising
expenses. They told me they would offer it for $35.00 to anyone in California
who orders it through the net. It was really designed for California but
the federal portion could be used by anyone so they will sell it to any
person outside California through this net for $25.00. If there is enough
of a response outside California, next year they will offer an integrated
federal and state program for other states. Even for other states, there
is a file created that captures all the information that has to be transferred
to all forms which could be used for manually preparing the state form.

The software is written in "C" and assembly to maximize the speed and allow
people to use the program with only DOS 2.0 or higher. Also only one disk
drive is required since the entire executable is loaded into memory before
the individual form is loaded. Of course it can be loaded to a hard disk as
well. It also is not copy protected.

The program features self guided program prompts. The entire form is quickly
recalculated every time a numerical input is entered. The windows are
dynamically updated as one scrolls through the form. Information that is
updated as you move the cursor is on-line help which cross references to the
official IRS or California tax information, information about what keys are
active, program information and warning information. Windows automatically
pop up as needed. Highlighting, scrolling and transfer of information from
form to form is also automatic. The program supports up to 6 copies of each
of the following forms: Estimator (used for tax planning and reference),
Form 1040A, Schedule 1, Form 1040, Schedule A, Schedule B, Schedule C,
Schedule D, Schedule E, Schedule F, Schedule R, Schedule SE, Form 2106,
Form 2119, Form 3800, Form 3903, Form 4136, Form 4137, Form 4255, Form
4562, Form 4684, Form 6251, Form 8615, Notes (for attaching to any forms
you need to), California 540a, California 540, California CA, California
3885A, California CA and California Schedule D.

I found the program quite delightfull to use. I have not been happy with other
programs I have purchased in the past because of the learning curve involved
and how slow the programs responded. This is something I only use once a year
so I want to boot it up and be ready to start without using a multi page
instruction booklet.

If you are interested in buying the program please don't involve me. I will
be happy to pass along any comments you might make but please order directly
from the company by sending check or money order for $35.00 (in California)
or $25.00 (outside California) to: Mountain High Software  2829 San Benito
Drive, Walnut Creek, California 94598. To get the special price you must
mention you read about it on this net. Also mention if you want 3 1/2"
or 5 1/4" disks. If you are not satisfied, the company will refund your
money.

djo7613@blake.acs.washington.edu (Dick O'Connor) (02/14/90)

In article <3635@zehntel.UUCP> dan@mfg.zehntel.com (Dan Purinton ) writes:
>I recently found a great program that was designed to run on an IBM
   <stuff deleted>

>If you are interested in buying the program please don't involve me. I will
>be happy to pass along any comments you might make but please order directly
>from the company by sending check or money order for $35.00 (in California)
>or $25.00 (outside California) to: Mountain High Software  2829 San Benito
>Drive, Walnut Creek, California 94598. To get the special price you must
>mention you read about it on this net. Also mention if you want 3 1/2"
>or 5 1/4" disks. If you are not satisfied, the company will refund your
>money.

What ever happened to the guidelines about commercializing the net?
First, Clarinet sells Dave Barry subscriptions, then ads...

Just wondering...

"Moby" Dick O'Connor                            ** DISCLAIMER: It would
Washington Department of Fisheries              ** surprise me if the
Olympia, Washington  98504                      ** rest of the Department
Internet Mail: djo7613@blake.u.washington.edu   ** agreed with any of this!