[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Help needed

dmnhieu@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Duy-Minh NHIEU) (08/09/88)

I have a XT clone that can be switch to 8mhz (Turbo) from the keyboard,
however, after a software initialize to the text mode, I am drop back to
the 4.77mhs mode, the keyboard switch consists of pressing
Ctrl alt -  (Control, alternate, minus) at the same time, can any one tell
me
	1) how to "lock" to the 8mhz mode?
	2) how to write a program (in asm or TP4 or in C) to do the switching?
	   rather than pressing the 3 keys?  (and the turbo mode can be entered
	   from turn on the computer?)

sullivan@marge.math.binghamton.edu (fred sullivan) (08/09/88)

In article <8167@watdragon.waterloo.edu> dmnhieu@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Duy-Minh NHIEU) writes:
>I have a XT clone that can be switch to 8mhz (Turbo) from the keyboard,
>however, after a software initialize to the text mode, I am drop back to
>the 4.77mhs mode, the keyboard switch consists of pressing
>Ctrl alt -  (Control, alternate, minus) at the same time, can any one tell
>me
>	1) how to "lock" to the 8mhz mode?
>	2) how to write a program (in asm or TP4 or in C) to do the switching?
>	   rather than pressing the 3 keys?  (and the turbo mode can be entered
>	   from turn on the computer?)
I suspect that this is HIGHLY machine dependent.  My PC's Limited Turbo PC
has a dip switch which "locks" the machine in 8 MHz mode.  The manual also
described how to do it with software, but I just found switching to be
annoying.  After about 3 weeks, I took off the cover, flipped the switch, and
have been happily running at 8 MHz ever since.

Fred Sullivan				SUNY at Binghamton
Dept. Math. Sciences			Binghamton, NY 13903
					sullivan@marge.math.binghamton.edu
First you make a roux!

jbh@mibte.UUCP (James Harvey) (03/06/89)

At a recent Ham Flea Market I picked up an older memory expansion
board that looks like it will be usable to up my PC from 512k to
640K.  Now this board only cost me three bucks but for that price
there, of course, were no instructions.  The board is marked
"Little Red", it has four rows of memory chip sockets, and a nine
pin DIP switch.  The manual for my computer says the start address
for any RAM espansion must be $80000.  Could some kind soul out
there who has seen one of these PLEASE E-Mail me some hints on how
to set these DIP switches?

Jim Harvey                        |      "Ask not for whom the bell
Michigan Bell Telephone           |      tolls and you will only pay
29777 Telegraph                   |      Station-to-Station rates."
Southfield, Mich. 48034           |

ulysses!gamma!mibte!jbh

--

Jim Harvey                        |      "Ask not for whom the bell
Michigan Bell Telephone           |      tolls and you will only pay
29777 Telegraph                   |      Station-to-Station rates."
Southfield, Mich. 48034           |

ulysses!gamma!mibte!jbh

vuillamy@eecg.toronto.edu (Jean-Michel Vuillamy) (03/06/89)

I am searching the pins description of the Microsoft Bus Mouse in order to
connect it to a 68K board. If anyone did that before, could he (she) give
me the name and description of each of the 9 pins.

Thank you !

		Vuillamy Jean-Michel (dit Le Nain)OA

v056r827@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu (02/15/90)

I have a billing program that was written on a commodore in basic and I was
wondering if it could be converted to run on my IBM compatible computer, If the
conversion is possible where can it be done.Any kind of information will be
appreciated, and thank you guys.
P.S Please E-Mail me directly