[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Is anyone using a ATI VGA Wonder card with a Northgate computer?

ward@eplrx7.uucp (Rick Ward) (02/07/90)

I have a Northgate Elegance 386-25 with a 150 Meg ESDI hard drive.
My problem is that I cannot get the $%&*#@ing machine to boot with
the ATI VGA card in it.  Has anyone out there gotten this video card
to work with a Northgate computer?  Northgate seems baffled and I'm
getting tired of waiting for them to figure it out.  BTW, the video card
worked fine in a Zenith 386-25.

Rick
--
    Rick Ward                         |        E.I. Dupont Co.
    uunet!eplrx7!ward                 |        Engineering Physics Lab

larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) (02/15/90)

In article <1990Feb7.152103.14994@eplrx7.uucp>, ward@eplrx7.uucp (Rick Ward) writes:

> I have a Northgate Elegance 386-25 with a 150 Meg ESDI hard drive.
> My problem is that I cannot get the $%&*#@ing machine to boot with
> the ATI VGA card in it.  Has anyone out there gotten this video card
> to work with a Northgate computer?  Northgate seems baffled and I'm
> getting tired of waiting for them to figure it out.  BTW, the video card
> worked fine in a Zenith 386-25.

I had the same problem which was in the PGC Ultra 14 VGA monitor supplied
by Northgate.

                uucp: larry@nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry
               4 inbound dialup high speed line public access system