[comp.sys.ibm.pc] How Do You Read a Mouse???????

8324155@max.u.washington.edu (02/08/90)

  Hi, I have a Logitech three button mouse.  I like the mouse, but
unfortunately, the manual which comes with it says nothing about how to
access it so to speak.  I understand it is done through some interupt
(can't remember which one right now).  The bottom line is, could someone
send me a list of the mouse calls through this interupt, or some well
commented code (assembly, or c) which uses them.  I will be eternally
gratefull,

      Thanks ahead of time,

      Mark

pabres13@pc.usl.edu (Joubert John V.) (02/09/90)

In article <13230.25d09fd7@max.u.washington.edu> 8324155@max.u.washington.edu writes:

>  Hi, I have a Logitech three button mouse.  I like the mouse, but
>unfortunately, the manual which comes with it says nothing about how to
>access it so to speak.  <stuff deleted> ...could someone
>send me a list of the mouse calls through this interupt, or some well
>commented code (assembly, or c) which uses them.  I will be eternally
>gratefull,
>
>      Thanks ahead of time,
>
>      Mark

	I use a library called CXL from

	Mike Smedley
        P.O. Box 33603
        San Antonio, TX 78265-3603

He has Zortech C(++?),TurboC, and Microsoft C with all memory models, and
source code.  I think he has other libraries for other compilers too.
It is shareware for only $35.

He has a nice demo program that came with it that I would upload, but since
the binaries area seems to be ever defunct ...

You can get the demo program on GEnie (CXL.arc).  The demo I dloaded is
a slightly older version that goes for $25.00 when you register. The new
version, which includes mouse support is $35 ( I don't know if the new
demo has been uploaded to GEnie or not).  == The new version adds a lot
of other things too.

Do yourself a big favor and get this library.  Even if your time is worth $1
an hour, you will save money, frustration, etc.  At $35, this is the best
buy I have made this year.

--
John Joubert                                      |  /\  |    /\    |     _
Internet: pabres13@usl-pc.usl.edu                 |  \|<>|>|> \|<>|>|><`|`|

miller@b-mrda.ca.boeing.com (Mark Miller) (02/16/90)

"Advanced MS-DOS" by Ray Duncan gives a good discussion about mouse
applications. The book is published by Microsoft Press.

Mark R. Miller                     +    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed
Boeing Commercial Airplane Co.     +    are mine and mine alone, and
Seattle, WA                        +    not necessarily those of my
Internet: miller@b-mrda.boeing.com +    employer.
Voicenet: (206) 237-0960           +
                                   +       +++ Phillipians 4:13 +++