[comp.sys.ibm.pc] speech generation for IBM AT ?

andy@jtsv16.UUCP (andrew sulistyo) (02/14/90)

Hi, folks.

I am a new comer in the IBM PC-AT world.  I would like to know
if there is any VOICE GENERATION software/hardware out there
for the AT.  It does not have to be sophisticated as long as
I can program it to say some words.

I would really appreciate your suggestions/comments about this
and where to get it.  Thanks in advance.

Andrew Sulistyo
JTS Computer Systems Ltd., Downsview, Canada.

email: andy@jtsv16.jts.com
or {suncan|geac|uunet}!jtsv16!andy

--

richard@calvin.spp.cornell.edu (Richard Brittain) (02/16/90)

In article <1307@jtsv16.UUCP> andy@jtsv16.UUCP (andrew sulistyo) writes:
>if there is any VOICE GENERATION software/hardware out there
>for the AT.  It does not have to be sophisticated as long as
>I can program it to say some words.
>
>Andrew Sulistyo
>JTS Computer Systems Ltd., Downsview, Canada.

If you want a zero-cost, software only solution, the TRAN program on simtel20
(and I'm sure lots of other places) in the VOICE directory (I think), does an
amazing job of articulating out of the PC 1-bit speaker channel.  I think
it actually sounds as good as a hardware voice synthesizer board from Heathkit
that I once played with.

Richard Brittain,                   School of Elect. Eng.,  Upson Hall
                                    Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
ARPA: richard@calvin.spp.cornell.edu
UUCP: {uunet,uw-beaver,rochester,cmcl2}!cornell!calvin!richard