[comp.sys.ibm.pc] HELP! with Bitstreeeeeeeeeeeeam fonts with WP5.0 & Novell

cs471s07@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Cs471s07) (02/15/90)

We are trying to print fonted text from WordPerfect. Everything works
fine if we print to the laser printer and it is attached to the workstation
we print from. However, when we attach the printer to the server and set
WordPerfect to print to the Network printer p0, it loses all it's Bitstream
fonting information.  Can someone help?

Clarification:  I mean that if I type in something and
specify that it should be in 36 point Dutch font and italicized (to pick
an example) it prints in 36-point Dutch Italic if the laser printer is
cabled into my LPT1: port on my workstation, but it prints out in 10-point
Courier (regular old typewriter-looking font, the default) if I print Bfrom
the same workstation, using the same program, same file, to the same printer
only it is cabled to the Network server as a network printer.

What should look like this:

               /    /  /-----  /     /     /----/
              /----/  /-----  /     /     /    /
             /    /  /_____  /____ /____ /____/

Comes out like this:

                 HELLO

Any clues? We are anxiously awaiting being able to print... thanks!

jb@altair.uucp (John Birchfield) (02/16/90)

In article <6599@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> cs471s07@uhccux.UUCP (Cs471s07) writes:

>We are trying to print fonted text from WordPerfect. Everything works
>fine if we print to the laser printer and it is attached to the workstation
>we print from. However, when we attach the printer to the server and set
>WordPerfect to print to the Network printer p0, it loses all it's Bitstream
>fonting information.  Can someone help?

I forget exactly the names of the programs on Novell but pconfig seems to
ring a bell.

Basically you need to set up a print server queue that doesn't do any
printer initialization or send out banners or anything like that.

Then specify this queue in the capture command you use with WP.

These are only clues - I'm sure someone more knowledgeable with Novell can
tell you better what to do.

+----------------------
| John Birchfield
| jb@altair.csustan.edu
+----------------------

msmith@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark Robert Smith) (02/16/90)

The way to do this when using the Network version of WP is as follows.

First, make sure that the printer definition for user {WP is set up
with the proper Location of Font files, and that those fonts are
selected with + in Cartridges and Fonts.  Then, for Port for that
printer, choose 8 - Other, and type in the queue name.  Answer Yes for
the question "Network printer?".

Then, exit WP.  In DOS, run PRINTCON, and select that queue.  Change
the setting for Text/Byte Stream to Byte Stream.  If appropriate, turn
off header pages.

Finally, be sure to run NWPSETUP to update the printer files for other
users.

It should work now.

Mark
--
Mark Smith, KNJ2LH                All Rights Reserved
RPO 1604               You may redistribute this article only if those who