[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Pioneer Vantage 386SX memory problem

minakami@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Michael K. Minakami) (02/18/90)

I just bought two 1MB simms hoping to add them to the two already installed
on my motherboard, only to find that they are being completely ignored. I
know the simms are good (if I swap the two new ones with the two old ones
the system works just fine). I also have 2MB of 2ws memory installed on an
expansion board which works fine (starting address =2048, which was changed
to 4096 when the additional simms were installed. With the additional simms
evertything above 2MB was ignored).

Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

kaleb@mars.jpl.nasa.gov (Kaleb Keithley) (02/20/90)

In article <1990Feb18.021704.1742@Neon.Stanford.EDU> minakami@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Michael K. Minakami) writes:
>I just bought two 1MB simms hoping to add them to the two already installed
>on my motherboard, only to find that they are being completely ignored. I
>know the simms are good (if I swap the two new ones with the two old ones

Yeah, run your CMOS setup to tell you system that you have two more megabytes.

Chewey, get us outta here!

kaleb@mars.jpl.nasa.gov            Jet Propeller Labs
Kaleb Keithley