[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Epsilon: the editor

jrr@svax.cs.cornell.edu (Jim Russell) (02/17/90)

I have a question for the numerous experts on Epsilon out there:

I have recently switched to using a PS/2, which has the 'improved'
keyboard with control and capslock in the wrong places.  Does anyone
know how to make Epsilon switch these keys?  Tom Almy's kbdr.exe
(which I use for everything else) has no effect on Epsilon.
kbdr.exe seems to change the interrupt at 0:54, while Epsilon seems
to change the one at 0:58 (does anyone know what the difference is
between the two?).  I have Epsilon version 3.0.

I've used Emacs for years, and I'm going nuts trying to avoid hitting
CapsLock on my PC.  Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim Russell
jrr@cs.cornell.edu

fredex@cg-atla.UUCP (Fred Smith) (02/19/90)

In article <37422@cornell.UUCP> jrr@svax.cs.cornell.edu (Jim Russell) writes:
>I have recently switched to using a PS/2, which has the 'improved'
>keyboard with control and capslock in the wrong places.  Does anyone
>know how to make Epsilon switch these keys?
>
>I've used Emacs for years, and I'm going nuts trying to avoid hitting
>CapsLock on my PC.  Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
>Jim Russell
>jrr@cs.cornell.edu

I have a suggestion for you. Throw away the keyboard and go buy
the latest OmniKey keyboard from Northgate. It has a similarly good feel
as the IBM keyboards, but more importantly, it puts the control key where
it belongs, and the function keys on the left where God intended them to be.

Fred

david@metapyr.UUCP (David Relson) (02/20/90)

For expert advice on Epsilon, contact the authors (Lugaru software).

I don't think Epsilon can do the changing you want, though I don't know for certain.

alien@cpoint.UUCP (Alien Wells) (02/21/90)

In article <37422@cornell.UUCP> jrr@svax.cs.cornell.edu (Jim Russell) writes:
>I have a question for the numerous experts on Epsilon out there:

>I have recently switched to using a PS/2, which has the 'improved'
>keyboard with control and capslock in the wrong places.  Does anyone
>know how to make Epsilon switch these keys?

I think that all you need is an update to a more current version.  I have
3.2 (which is also not current, I think they are up to 4.x now), and I've used
it with PS/2-style keyboards (with the PS/2 control and capslock key placement)
from three different manufacturers.  I've never had a problem and never had to
do anything special to get it to work right.
--
--------|	Then am I a happy fly, If I live or if I die.
Alien   |	                         - William Blake