[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Using a PC as harddisk for Amiga 1000

cheng@iesd.auc.dk (Ivan Cheng) (02/15/90)

Hi out there!

Is there anyone who knows about a program which makes it possible to
use a PC-AT as a harddisk-server for the Amiga using the
parallel-port.
I would really like to have such a program, preferably PD with source.

Thanks in advance.

                             Ivan

..!mcsun!dkuug!iesd.auc.dk!cheng or cheng@iesd.auc.dk

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (02/22/90)

writes:
>Hi out there!
>
>Is there anyone who knows about a program which makes it possible to
>use a PC-AT as a harddisk-server for the Amiga using the
>parallel-port.

hehehe -- I'll do it first.

Um, perheapse the best place is comp.sys.amiga for this...

NOT because this isnt the right place (best to cross-post to both) , but the
folks that wrote DNET: (a Amiga-Unix Software netwrok implementation , PD
with source) and the folks that did NET: - Amiga-Amiga software parallel
network with source.

They will probably be the one's to help you.

BTW -- There is an amiga ethernet card.

Everything I say is Copr.  1990, except the stuff I stole from someone else
and the stuff I don't want responsibility for.

Kenneth J. Jamieson: Xanadu Enterprises Inc. "Professional Amiga Software"
      UUCP: tron1@tronsbox.UUCP  BEST PATH ---> uunet!tronsbox!tron1
      Sysop, Romantic Encounters BBS - (201)759-8450 / (201)759-8568