[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Yterm Purchase Price

O04@psuvm.psu.edu (Kevin Maher - Behrend Computer Center) (02/23/90)

Yterm can be ordered from the Yale University computer center for $50
for a single user copy, or $1000 for a University Site license. ($2000 for
a corporate/business site licencse.)  As was stated in a previous article,
Yterm does not support any file transfer protocol but its own.  This means
that the host system will need the support programs as well.  To my
knowledge, Yterm is supported primarily for IBM mainframes.  This does not
mean that the emulator does not work for other purposes, it does.  It can
act reasonably well as a VT100 emulator.  However, I do not think that Yale
supports file transfer on other machines.  (you will have to ask them about
that.)
-------
  |    OOO                       |                                          |
  |   O   O                SSS   |  Why do today what's due tomorrow?       |
  |   O   O  PPP   U   U  S      |                                          |
  |   O   O  P  P  U   U   SSS   |  Hey...sounds good to me!  =-)           |
  |   O   O  PPP   U   U      S  |                                          |
  |    OOO   P      UUU   SSSS   |  KDM101@PSUVM         O04@PSUVM          |
  |          P                   |  KXM@PSUARCH          kdm101@psusun01    |
   Why should I want to disclaim anything???  It only makes me look guilty!

jcmorris@mbunix.mitre.org (Morris) (02/24/90)

In a recent article Kevin Maher - Behrend Computer Center writes:
>Yterm can be ordered from the Yale University computer center for $50
>for a single user copy, or $1000 for a University Site license. ($2000 for
>a corporate/business site licencse.)
> [...]
>           Yterm is supported primarily for IBM mainframes.  This does not
>mean that the emulator does not work for other purposes, it does.  It can
>act reasonably well as a VT100 emulator.  However, I do not think that Yale
>supports file transfer on other machines.  (you will have to ask them about
>that.)

The $2000 price applies to *any* non-educational user, including government
and other non-profit organizations.

There are versions of the host PCTRANS for VMS and UNIX based systems, but
as noted earlier the primary thrust of the YTERM product was support of
the IBM world (both VM and TSO).

Joe Morris