[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Zenith Display System Monitor Problem

person@plains.UUCP (Brett G. Person) (02/25/90)

I have a 25'' Zenith Display system color monitor that is developing an
annoying habbit. 3 or 4 times it has started to suddenly display characters
with a yellow tint for no apparent reason.  This is then followed by the
screen flickering blue lines and then the display pops back to normal.

What is this?  Am I seeing the blue gun go out, or is it just the driver for
the gun?  How serious is this?  The monitor is pretty much permanently
installed in a computer desk.  Ir would be a tough trick to get it out for
service.
Thanks
--
Brett G. Person
North Dakota State University

cse0421@desire.wright.edu (02/27/90)

In article <3593@plains.UUCP>, person@plains.UUCP (Brett G. Person) writes:
> I have a 25'' Zenith Display system color monitor that is developing an
> annoying habbit. 3 or 4 times it has started to suddenly display characters
> with a yellow tint for no apparent reason.  This is then followed by the
> screen flickering blue lines and then the display pops back to normal.
>
> What is this?  Am I seeing the blue gun go out, or is it just the driver for
> the gun?  How serious is this?  The monitor is pretty much permanently
> installed in a computer desk.  Ir would be a tough trick to get it out for
> service.
> Thanks
> --
> Brett G. Person
> North Dakota State University
> uunet!ndsuvax!person | person@ndsuvax.bitnet | person@plains.nodak.edu

It sounds more like it is your cable.  Have you checked it?  If the blue
wire is not making connection all of the time it could cause this problem.

				John Wolf

    			CSE0421@DESIRE.WRIGHT.EDU