[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Accounting Package Needed

danny@garnet.berkeley.edu (Danny Lee) (02/28/90)

	Hello there!  I'm looking for an accounting package for a small businesssetup.  I need to be able to:

	Generate weekly/monthly/annual reports
	Manage inventory
	Handle accounts payable/recievable
	Write checks via dot matrix or laser printer
	Deal with daily sales data
	etc. ......

Simply put, I'm looking for something between the simplicity of Quicken and the
"all encompassing" Soloman III.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Please email all responses and I will post if there is a demand.  Thanx in
advance.

Danny Lee
danny@garnet.berkeley.edu
(415) 548-2173

randy@uutopia.dell.com (randy) (02/28/90)

In article <1990Feb28.123436.22879@agate.berkeley.edu>,
danny@garnet.berkeley.edu (Danny Lee) writes:

> 	Generate weekly/monthly/annual reports
> 	Manage inventory
> 	Handle accounts payable/recievable
> 	Write checks via dot matrix or laser printer
> 	Deal with daily sales data
> 	etc. ......

> Danny Lee
> danny@garnet.berkeley.edu
> (415) 548-2173

Try the ACCPAC BPI packages from Computer Associates.  The General
Accounting packages has ledgers for AP, AR, PA (not complete packages,
but very beneficial in a small business) and and their Inventory package
to that. Clean and fast and easy to use, but it will not drive an
accountant crazy with it deficiencies.  It also exports to Lotus for
additional reports and will import data as well.

Randy

Randy Price                      randy@uutopia.dell.com
The opinions are my own, not my employers, cognito.

"There is no expedient to which man will not resort
to avoid the real labor of thinking."
                           Thomas Edison