[comp.sys.ibm.pc] TIFF-format ?

bjorgvin@rhi.hi.is (Bjorgvin Askelsson) (03/04/90)

          I have an unanswered question, and you might have the
	solution. I was going to scan in a picture and work on
	it myself, the problem is that i havent found any
	information about the format of a tiff-file.
	  So, i pledge all good men to the aid of a fellow netlander :-),
        in other words, does somebody know the format or where one can
	get information about it.

--------
      Bjorgvin Askelsson	University of Iceland. Computer Science.
				Internet: bjorgvin@rhi.hi.is
				UUCP:     ...!mcvax!hafro!rhi!bjorgvin

dsampson@x102a.harris-atd.com (sampson david 58163) (03/05/90)

In article <1555@krafla.rhi.hi.is> bjorgvin@rhi.hi.is (Bjorgvin
Askelsson) writes:

>I have an unanswered question, and you might have the solution. I was
>going to scan in a picture and work on it myself, the problem is that
>i havent found any information about the format of a tiff-file. So, i
>pledge all good men to the aid of a fellow netlander :-), in other
>words, does somebody know the format or where one can get information
>about it.

Bjorgvin,

Check the FTP sites you log into for a file called TIFF50.ARC.  It
contains a specification for the TIFF file format.  I also found a
discussion about TIFF and PCX formats in Dr Dobbs Journal.  They
weren't in the same article, but I believe both were published around
July 1988.  Unfortunaly, I took the copies that I made home, so I
can't readily give you the particular issue information.

David Sampson                                         Harris Corporation
dsampson@x102a.ess.harris.com                   Gov't Aerospace Systems Divison
uunet!x102a!dsampson                                  Melbourne, Florida

miller@b-mrda.ca.boeing.com (Mark Miller) (03/05/90)

You can purchase the TIFF Developer's Toolkit from Aldus Corp. (around
$20.00 U.S.). It comes with a detailed specification and a disk with
some useful C routines. Contact Aldus at:

	Aldus Corporation
	411 First Avenue South
	Seattle, Washington, USA  98104-9926
	(206) 622-5500

I have no connection with Aldus, just a happy user.

Mark R. Miller                     +    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed
Boeing Commercial Airplane Co.     +    are mine and mine alone, and
Seattle, WA                        +    not necessarily those of my
Internet: miller@b-mrda.boeing.com +    employer.
Voicenet: (206) 237-0960           +
                                   +       +++ Phillipians 4:13 +++