[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Micrografx Designer

bose@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Bhaskar Bose) (03/03/90)

I am looking for a good technical drawing package.  I am currently using
GEM Draw and GEM Artline, but I would like to know if Designer is a
better package.  Any comments would be appreciated.

-bose

jwi@cbnewsj.ATT.COM (james.winer) (03/06/90)

> (Bhaskar Bose) writes:

> I am looking for a good technical drawing package.  I am currently using
> GEM Draw and GEM Artline, but I would like to know if Designer is a
> better package.  Any comments would be appreciated.

"Better package" always depends on what you want to do. Micrographix Designer
and Corel Draw are probably the two best *illustration* packages available
for the PC. Designer is slightly stronger at technical illustration while
Corel Draw is slightly stronger at advertising illustration. If what you
actually need is CADD (computer assisted drafting and design), neither will
do a good job for you -- get one of the CADD programs reviewed in the
current issue of PC Magazine.

Jim Winer -- jwi@mtfme.att.com -- Opinions not represent employer.
...I've had some womderful daydreams about how the FAA controllers
would react to suddenly discovering a dragon on short final into
O'Hare on a busy night in IFR conditions... -- J.C. Morris,
The MITRE Corp., McLean, VA