[comp.sys.ibm.pc] New and Improved Windows 386?

knotts@hpl-opus.HP.COM (Tom Knotts) (03/01/90)

I recently heard a rumor that there will be a new and improved release of
Windows 386 in the Spring. Among other fixes, there is suppose to be better
isolation between windows, so that if a program bombs in one window, pro-
grams in other windows won't be dragged down. This is a problem that I have
heard exists in the present release.

Has anyone else heard about a new release? If I buy the program now, will I
get a free (or low-cost) upgrade from MS? Perhaps I should wait for the
new version, if it indeed is in the works.

tom

medici@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Mark Medici) (03/06/90)

In article <63320010@hpl-opus.HP.COM> knotts@hpl-opus.HP.COM (Tom Knotts) writes:

>I recently heard a rumor that there will be a new and improved release of
>Windows 386 in the Spring.  [...edited...]
>Has anyone else heard about a new release? If I buy the program now, will I
>get a free (or low-cost) upgrade from MS? Perhaps I should wait for the
>new version, if it indeed is in the works.

There is indeed a new version of MS-Windows in the works.  Current MS
expectations is to announce/ship product in June.  MS plans to offer
updates at $50.00/copy, with free updates to all whom purchase the
current version within 90 days of the new version's announcment.

As with all new products, and particularly those which have not been
"officially" announced, everything is subject to change.

Mark Medici - Rutgers/CCIS/Instructional MicroLabs | Disclaimer?   Did I  say
Internet    : medici@elbereth.rutgers.edu          | something?   Did someone
Compu$erve  : 74755,304                            | listen? Worse, did some-
Voice       : (908) 932-2412 -or- (908) 932-5766   | actually believe me!?!