[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Conversion IBM scanned pictures to Mac format

scallon@cod.NOSC.MIL (Matthew C. Scallon) (03/06/90)

Dear Netters,

I have been trying to convert an 8-bit grey scale picture, 512 * 512 pixels,
from an IBM to a Mac.  Is there a program around that can put it into a format
that Mac can under stand:  PICT, Postscript, possibly.

All help is greatly appreciated,

Matthew C.A. Scallon
scallon@cod.nosc.mil

pfterry@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (03/09/90)

In article <1813@cod.NOSC.MIL>, scallon@cod.NOSC.MIL (Matthew C. Scallon) writes:
> Dear Netters,
>
> I have been trying to convert an 8-bit grey scale picture, 512 * 512 pixels,
> from an IBM to a Mac.  Is there a program around that can put it into a format
> that Mac can under stand:  PICT, Postscript, possibly.
>
> All help is greatly appreciated,

PICTure This! a Mac application/da combination that can convert a number
of different graphic formats to a Mac PICT file. I seem to recall that it
can convert TIFF, GIF, PIC, PX (PaintBrush), and Targa (among others) to
PICT. I'll be glad to send you the information when I'm back in the office
on Monday if you think it might help.

Oh, yes, it is a commercial program.

Fred Terry
Kansas Geological Survey