[comp.sys.ibm.pc] dbase

quandt@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Brian Alan Quandt) (09/24/88)

Looking for a Word Perfect like "line draw" editor for Dbase.
I would like to find a program that uses a mouse or other thpye of
input device that allows you to draw boxes etc and then converts this
information into @x,y say chr(aaa) commands of dbase.  This must be done
in left to right, top to bottom manner so it can be outed directly to a
printer.  The whole purpose of this is for creating standard 8.5*11 inch
landscape forms.  Dbase's included paint type program is not good
enough, it seems it maintains the data at the required locations but
can't print the lines to the printer.  Help
		Brian		quandt@csd4.milw.wisc.edu

marocchi@cell.mot.COM (Jim Marocchi) (03/09/90)

I have two questions I hope someone can answer.

1) Is there a way to duplicate records while editing in dbase or foxbase?
2) Is there a way to print multiple copies of a database (for normal print
   or labels)?

Any help is appreciated.

--
-- Jim Marocchi -- Motorola, Inc., Cellular Infrastructure Division --
1501 W. Shure Dr.                  | (708) 632-2407

timk@xenitec.on.ca (Tim Kuehn) (03/10/90)

In article <1556@violet22.UUCP> motcid!marocchi@uunet.uu.net writes:
>I have two questions I hope someone can answer.

This would be better asked in comp.databases where all kinds of RDBMS
type hang out, but since I'm here *anyway*.

>1) Is there a way to duplicate records while editing in dbase or foxbase?

In foxbase it should be simple. Go to the record you want to copy,
and issue ths following commands

scatter to <memvar array>
append blank
gather from <memvar array>

viola! a duplicate record in every respect (and a copy in memory too
for that matter). Of course, I *presume* you're talking about editing
a record in the programming sense, not from the dot prompt.

>2) Is there a way to print multiple copies of a database (for normal print
>   or labels)?

If you wrote a short program to @ x,y say's at the right place, and set
device to printer you should be able to get the effect you're looking for.

>Any help is appreciated.
Hope this has been such.

>Arlington Heights, IL 60004        | ...uunet!motcid!marocchi
Used to live in Palatine myself, in the same area as "Rolling Ghettos" and
"Hoffman's Mistakes"

|Timothy D. Kuehn	       			       timk@xenitec.on.ca     |
|TDK Consulting Services			       !watmath!xenitec!timk  |
|871 Victoria St. North, Suite 217A					      |
|Kitchener, Ontario, Canada N2B 3S4 		       (519)-741-3623 	      |
|DOS/Xenix - SW/HW. uC, uP, DBMS. 		       Quality SW Guaranteed  |