[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Setting justification permanently in WordPerfect

baileyc@boulder.Colorado.EDU (BAILEY CHRISTOPHER R) (03/09/90)

My justification in Word Perfect has somehow been set to yes (right
justify on) whenever I start a new document.  How do I change this so
that it is no (only left justify).  It's one of the options under
Format (shift-F8), so I can't set it via Setup (Shift-F1) can I???
I hate having to go into format every time I start up a new document.
This is on an IBM clone, and I'm using the IBM Graphics Printer driver.
Thanks!
Chris Bailey :: baileyc@tramp.Colorado.EDU
One Agro Mountain Biker - Dialed in for ultra gonzo badness!
"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government" - RUSH
Member of Team Buck Naked of Buckingham Palace

SKRABAK@%bclcl1@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu (TONY SKRABAK) (03/10/90)

In article <17992@boulder.Colorado.EDU>, baileyc@boulder.Colorado.EDU (BAILEY CHRISTOPHER R) writes:
> My justification in Word Perfect has somehow been set to yes (right
> justify on) whenever I start a new document.  How do I change this so
> that it is no (only left justify).  It's one of the options under
> Format (shift-F8), so I can't set it via Setup (Shift-F1) can I???
> I hate having to go into format every time I start up a new document.
> This is on an IBM clone, and I'm using the IBM Graphics Printer driver.
> Thanks!
> Chris Bailey :: baileyc@tramp.Colorado.EDU
> One Agro Mountain Biker - Dialed in for ultra gonzo badness!
> "No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government" - RUSH
> Member of Team Buck Naked of Buckingham Palace

The default for WordPerfect 5.0 is right justify.  Any option that can be set
in Format (Line, Page, or Other) can also be set in two other places.  The
first is in Format ([Shift][F8]), Document, Initial Codes, then Format
([Shift][F8), Line or Document or Other.  Instead of putting in a [Just Off]
code (or whatever) in your document, this puts it into the document header.
It doesn't show up in reveal codes.  This affects only the current document.
If you want that code as a default in your document headers, use Setup
([Shift][F1]), Initial Settings, Initial Codes, then Format ([Shift][F8]),
Line or Document or Other.  This puts that code into the header of any future
new document you create, but not old documents you retrieve, unless you use
the trick of retrieving an old document into a new document that has just one
space in it.