[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Screen Dump to a file

dal@berlin.acss.umn.edu (Dave Larsen) (05/18/89)

Does anyone know of a TSR that will redirect output from a screen dump to
printer to a file? Will it work in Procomm?

ts@chyde.uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (05/19/89)

In article <315@berlin.acss.umn.edu> dal@berlin.acss.umn.edu (Dave Larsen) writes:

>Does anyone know of a TSR that will redirect output from a screen dump to
>printer to a file? Will it work in Procomm?

There is a well-known utility called Snipper.  Try the ftp sites
(ours is 128.214.12.3) or bulletin boards.  As to Procomm, you will
not need a separate screen dump, since Procomm has its own.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Internet: ts@chyde.uwasa.fi Funet: vakk::salmi Bitnet: salmi@finfun

jbjones@marlin.NOSC.MIL (John B. Jones) (05/19/89)

In article <315@berlin.acss.umn.edu> dal@berlin.acss.umn.edu (Dave Larsen) writes:

>Does anyone know of a TSR that will redirect output from a screen dump to
>printer to a file? Will it work in Procomm?

The program you want is from New Zealand; it came on c.b.i.p. not so
long ago; it was called PSTASH.

jbjones@marlin.nosc.mil

nfs0294@dsacg1.UUCP (Glendell R. Midkiff) (05/19/89)

From article <315@berlin.acss.umn.edu>, by dal@berlin.acss.umn.edu (Dave Larsen):
> Does anyone know of a TSR that will redirect output from a screen dump to
>printer to a file? Will it work in Procomm?

PC Magazine published a utility called SNIPPER last year.  It is a TSR that when hot keyed, lets you select the portion of the screen to print, then gives you the option of printing, saving to a file, or placing into a buffer for recall.
I use it all the time and it works great.  It will work in Procomm.
 |Glen Midkiff   osu-cis!dsacg1!gmidkiff                                 |
 | Phone: (614)-238-9643 @DLA, Systems Automation Center, Columbus, Oh.  |

emmonsl@csusac.uucp (L. Scott Emmons) (05/21/89)

In article <315@berlin.acss.umn.edu> dal@berlin.acss.umn.edu (Dave Larsen) writes:

>Does anyone know of a TSR that will redirect output from a screen dump to
>printer to a file? Will it work in Procomm?

	Procomm (as mentioned before) has a utility for this built in.

	The point of this posting (advertisement, of sorts):

	I have a utility I wrote called 'psplus' which allows screen dumps to
printer or file.  Unlike _all_ the other printtofile utilities I know of,
mine won't kill your system if you do it during disk access (because these sort
of drivers are interrupt driven, they will (usually) freeze the system VERY
effectively if the system is in certain system calls when you execute it....
mine won't)

	If anyone would like a copy (~4K, docs and all) Email me, and I will
Email you a copy.  It's shareware ($10.00), but it may be worth a looksee.

		lse

wek@point ([Bill Kuykendall]) (05/23/89)

>Does anyone know of a TSR that will redirect output from a screen dump to
>printer to a file? Will it work in Procomm?

Is there some reason for not using Procomm's builtin screen dump?  The
file name is specified in the Setup General screen, and the dump is
invoked with Alt-G.

jack.bzoza@canremote.uucp (JACK BZOZA) (06/18/89)

du>Does anyone know of a TSR that will redirect output from a screen
du>dump to
du>printer to a file? Will it work in Procomm?

I use a utility called SA which works just fine.
The archive on the BBSs is called SA.ARC or SA.ZIP.
It includes versions for PCs and for ATs.

Be <C>hatting with you.....
---
 * QDeLuxe 1.10 #168  Lead, follow or get out of the way !

pcb@gator.cacs.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) (03/11/90)

Can I remap shift-printscreen to a file or
where can I get a PD screen dump for various modes of a PS2 VGA that
allows redirection to a file?

| Peter C. Bahrs                                                         |
| The USL-NASA Project                                                   |
| Center For Advanced Computer Studies      INET: pcb@gator.cacs.usl.edu |
| 2 Rex Street                                                           |
| University of Southwestern Louisiana      ...!uunet!dalsqnt!gator!pcb  |
| Lafayette, LA 70504                                                    |