[comp.sys.ibm.pc] ZOO extractor wanted

forcheck@s3.uucp (Forcheck Project (Fysiologie)) (03/09/90)

Hi,

I'm looking for a ZOO extractor. Does anyone have a pointer? I do not
have FTP, only UUCP and bitnet.

Regards,

- Jan Joris Vereijken

dougm@palomar.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Doug Marshall) (03/11/90)

In article <638@rulcs.cs.rul.nl> forcheck@s3.uucp (Forcheck Project (Fysiologie)) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I'm looking for a ZOO extractor. Does anyone have a pointer? I do not
>have FTP, only UUCP and bitnet.

Jan,
  Sorry to post this, but mail bounced to you due to unknown s3 address.

  You can get the ZOO archiver/extractor from SIMTEL20 (actually from a file
server as you don't have ftp access). It's really quite simple.

1. E-mail a message to 'listserv@vm1.nodak.edu'.
2. No Subject: is required. In the body of the text:

/PDGET PD1:<MSDOS.ZOO>ZOO201.EXE UUENCODE

This will get you what you want. It will come to you in uuecoded format. It
makes for safer transmission of the binary file. After uudecoding, you'll have
what you want. The directory information says that it's "Dhesi's ZOO archive
util v2.01 DOS version. If you just execute ZOO, it'll give you about all of
the information that you'll need. If you want additional documentation files,
e-mail to the same address. The body of the message should be:

/PDGET PD1:<MSDOS.ZOO>UGUIDE.ZOO UUENCODE

Here again, the file will come to you in uuencoded format. After uudecoding,
run ZOO on the resultant file to give you the documentation. Hope this helps.
One other thing. Don't us a signature block. If I can help you any further,
please let me know.

Cheers!
  -- Doug

----
Doug Marshall   <Doug.Marshall@SanDiego.NCR.COM>  * My humble opinions and
+1 619 485 3494 <...!ncr-sd!palomar!dougm>        * ideas are just that.
"All of us is smarter than each of us!"