[comp.sys.ibm.pc] key "click" program for IBM PC?

fredm@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Fred Martin) (03/07/90)

Does anybody know of a program that generates keyclicks for the IBM?
I have a laptop with a nice soft keyboard, and it would be great to
have a keyclick generator.  This sort of thing wouldn't be necessary
those clicky stock IBM keyboards, but many of us have other keyboards,
right?

Any leads would be appreciated.

Please send info to this audio feedback fan,

	Fred Martin
	fredm@media-lab.media.mit.edu

sorc@carina.unm.edu (Paul Caskey) (03/08/90)

On 7 Mar 90 06:16:50 GMT,
fredm@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Fred Martin) said:

Fred> Does anybody know of a program that generates keyclicks for the
Fred> IBM?  I have a laptop with a nice soft keyboard, and it would be
Fred> great to have a keyclick generator.

I would highly recommend SuperKey by Borland.  It is an excellent
macro program, and the only TSR I find worth the memory it uses.  And
it does keyclicks if you want it to.
--
/*********/
     Paul Caskey

ted@helios.ucsc.edu (Ted Cantrall) (03/10/90)

>Fred> Does anybody know of a program that generates keyclicks for the
>Fred> IBM?  I have a laptop with a nice soft keyboard, and it would be
>Fred> great to have a keyclick generator.

I haven't really seen the program on simtel20, but I bet if you look in
their pd1:<msdos.keyboard> directory, you'll find one. It's best to get
on early, before 7PST ( or ist PDT now.?..?!/!)
		;-)	-ted-

ted@helios.ucsc.edu         | "The opinions are mine...
(408)459-2110               |    ...the facts are public domain."

ppa@hpldola.HP.COM (Paul P. Austgen) (03/10/90)

Several years ago, I got a program called pcclick from Peoples
Software.  I don't know if they're still around.  It was one of
those two dollar disks.

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (03/12/90)

In article <11250133@hpldola.HP.COM> ppa@hpldola.HP.COM (Paul P. Austgen) writes:
>Several years ago, I got a program called pcclick from Peoples
>Software.  I don't know if they're still around.  It was one of
>those two dollar disks.

If you have anonymous ftp, and the stamina!, there is another click
program within one of the utility collections in the /pc/pd2
directory at chyde.uwasa.fi.  Sorry, I do not recall in which one.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)