[comp.sys.ibm.pc] ROM BIOS of Eden Software

kcho@occlusal.rutgers.edu (Kyugon Cho) (03/13/90)

I want to upgrade the ROM BIOS of my AT to install a new 3.5"/1.44M drive.
Currently my AT-286 has the ROM BIOS of Eden Software Inc..
The EPROM is 27128.
I tried the Pheonix ROM BIOS but it does not boot up.
The technical representative of Pheonix said
my mahcine is not compatible with their BIOS.

Does anyone have the address of Eden Software or
any othe place to help this problem?

ear@wpi.wpi.edu (Eric A Rasmussen) (03/14/90)

In article <Mar.12.15.26.52.1990.5223@occlusal.rutgers.edu> kcho@occlusal.rutgers.edu (Kyugon Cho) writes:
>I want to upgrade the ROM BIOS of my AT to install a new 3.5"/1.44M drive.
>Currently my AT-286 has the ROM BIOS of Eden Software Inc..

A possibly alternative to upgrading the bios, if all you want to add is high
density floppy drives, would be to get an XT floppy controller that has the
bios for high density floppy drives built in.  DTK makes a very nice card
called the Mini-Micro floppy controller that does just this.  The only
problem I can see you having is if your current floppy controller is part of
your hard drive controller, unless it can be disabled.
--< A real engineer never reads the instructions first! >-- +-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-+