[comp.sys.ibm.pc] UUCP for the PC.

jpb@valkyrie.UUCP (Joe Block) (03/04/89)

A couple of weeks back I saw a notice about PD uucp and netnews software
for the IBM PC.  Since I don't have a PC, I didn't bother to save it.
A friend of mine just got a PC and wants to connect to the net, so would
someone please e-mail me information on where to either anonymous ftp
the package, or a Snail Mail address to send a SASE and floppies to get
the software.
Thank you,

JB
--
Joe Block
uucp: ncar!umigw!\
                  >umbio!{jpb,valkyrie!jpb,valkyrie!root}
           gould!/   "A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste."

straley@pro-graphics.cts.com (Scott Straley) (03/11/90)

Does anyone know of a UUCP / Internet program that is capable of operating on
an IBM-PC/AT compatible computer running MS-DOS ? Are there any which can
handle multiple phone lines?

-Scott

         Scott M Straley    \  ProLine : straley@prographics
         141 Park Place     /  ARPA/DDN: straley@pro-graphics@nosc.mil
         Watchung, NJ 07060 \  Internet: straley@pro-graphics.cts.com
           (201) 561-5025   /  UUCP    : ...crash!pro-graphics!straley
           (201) 755-3239   \  Prodigy : XCBR22A     PC-Link : Straley

frotz@drivax.UUCP (Frotz) (03/13/90)

straley@pro-graphics.cts.com (Scott Straley) writes:

] Does anyone know of a UUCP / Internet program that is capable of operating on
] an IBM-PC/AT compatible computer running MS-DOS ? Are there any which can
] handle multiple phone lines?

Look on SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL in PD1:<MSDOS.BBS>WAF161.ARC.  This is
waffle 1.61.  It supports UUCP/Mail/Usenet.  The DOS version doesn't
handle multiple phone lines, but you can get source for about
$120/$220 (individual/commercial\govt).  I believe that the UUCICO (or
UUCP) source is available on request.  It looks very useful.
--
Frotz

wcr@branch.FIDONET.ORG (W.c. Rothanburg) (03/14/90)

> Does anyone know of a UUCP / Internet program that is
> capable of operating on
> an IBM-PC/AT compatible computer running MS-DOS ? Are there
> any which can
> handle multiple phone lines?

> -Scott

You might check into Waffle.  I remember a new release for MS-DOS comming out this week.  I don't know it's capabilities, but it's a complete BBS that handles UUCP.

I am running UFGATE to gate between Usenet and Fidonet.  It's more limited compared to what you are looking for but may work.  It's availble from my BBS.

Bill

--
"Out on a Limb in The Branch Office...."                            ]