[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Adding a second hard disk controller to my Dell?

gb7@prism.gatech.EDU (Joe Bradley) (03/16/90)

Is it possible for two different hard disk controllers to live happily
in the same system?

I have a Dell 310 with a ESDI controller. Can I possibly add another
controller to the system such as the Western Digital controller that
came with my true blue AT in order to drive a ST506 drive?

--
G.J. (Joe) Bradley, Georgia Tech Research Institute, Atlanta, Georgia, 30332

UUCP:     ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!gb7
INTERNET: gb7@prism.gatech.edu

stecz@hotwheel.dell.com (John Steczkowski) (03/16/90)

In article <7098@hydra.gatech.EDU>, gb7@prism.gatech.EDU (Joe Bradley) writes:
 > Is it possible for two different hard disk controllers to live happily
 > in the same system?
 >
 > I have a Dell 310 with a ESDI controller. Can I possibly add another
 > controller to the system such as the Western Digital controller that
 > came with my true blue AT in order to drive a ST506 drive?
 >
 > G.J. (Joe) Bradley, Georgia Tech Research Institute, Atlanta, Georgia, 30332

Shouldn't be a problem...

John Steczkowski
Dell Unix Customer Support  P#: (512) 343-3571
9505 Arboretum Blvd.	    !s: uunet!dell!hotwheel!stecz
Austin, Texas 78759	    @s: stecz@hotwheel.dell.com