[comp.sys.ibm.pc] MS-DOS file system SOURCE

kaleb@mars.jpl.nasa.gov (Kaleb Keithley) (03/17/90)

I once saw an ad for source to the MS-DOS file system.

I specifically need to be able to read MS/PC-DOS disks on non-pc hardware.

Can anyone point me to a vendor that sells this code, and has anyone actually
used this code with good results.

If anyone at Microsoft offer suggestions/policy about how to go about buying/
licensing this code straight from M'soft.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.  If the "network" suggests it, and I
get sufficient input, I'll summarize.

Thanks in advance.

kaleb@mars.jpl.nasa.gov            Jet Propeller Labs
Kaleb Keithley

spelling and grammar flames > /dev/null

pipkins@qmsseq.imagen.com (Jeff Pipkins) (03/20/90)

In article <3124@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov> kaleb@mars.jpl.nasa.gov (Kaleb Keithley) writes:

>I once saw an ad for source to the MS-DOS file system.
>I specifically need to be able to read MS/PC-DOS disks on non-pc hardware.
>Can anyone point me to a vendor that sells this code, and has anyone actually
>used this code with good results.

Here's one that is written in C and only requires four low-level functions
to interface with (read_block, write_block, date, time).  I haven't used
it; I just had it in the file of "things to buy instead of rewriting if
I ever need them."

/etc/bin/systems
Peter Van Oudenaren
Groton, Mass  01450
508/448-3470

I have no affiliation with this company.  My company has no affiliation
with this company.  My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of my
employer.  Or those of the Kremlin, either...

feustel@well.sf.ca.us (David Alan Feustel) (03/20/90)

Source code for reading/writing dos files exists in the MINIX package
which can be bought commercially in Waldens Software stores.
--
Phone:	 (home) 219-482-9631
E-mail:	feustel@well.sf.ca.us	{ucbvax,apple,hplabs,pacbell}!well!feustel