[net.movies] A defense of Dave Letterman, and a potential apology for submissionof an article to the wrong group

lsk@otuxa.UUCP (05/02/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 delta 4/26/83; site burl.UUCP
Path:burl!sb1!ll1!otuxa!lsk
Date:Mon, 2-May-83 10:33:04 EDT

[ Note: I accidentally submitted the wrong article under this title.
In case the cancel did not work, my apologies. That's what happens
when you try to be too prolific in one day ].
HEY! Just because Dave Letterman runs a loser show doesn't mean
he doesn't know how to interview.

I have seen plenty of good interviews by him, with little or no kidding
around.

You should realize that kidding around is definitely part of his style.
His recent interview of Shelly Winters, for example, was for the most part
very serious.

I think you are more offended with his style than anything else.

I give more credit to those who can kid Dave back and keep the whole thing
relaxed.
Good old Johnny goes of the deep end very often, too, you know.