[comp.sys.ibm.pc] GENIUS Mouse Driver Wanted

wooters@icsib13.berkeley.edu (Chuck Wooters) (03/22/90)

Hello-

I am looking for the latest version of the driver
for my Genius serial mouse.  I would like to ftp it from somewhere
rather than calling the Genius people as ftping is
quicker.  Anyone know where I can get it?

Also, will other drivers work on this mouse?  For example,
could I use the MS Mouse driver even though I have a
Genius mouse?

Thanks in advance.
Chuck wooters
wooters@icsi.berkeley.edu

iiitird@cybaswan.UUCP (Ian R.W.Dixon) (03/27/90)

In article <23308@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> wooters@icsi.berkeley.edu (Chuck Wooters) writes:

>Hello-
>
>I am looking for the latest version of the driver
>for my Genius serial mouse.  I would like to ftp it from somewhere
>rather than calling the Genius people as ftping is
>quicker.  Anyone know where I can get it?
>
>Also, will other drivers work on this mouse?  For example,
>could I use the MS Mouse driver even though I have a
>Genius mouse?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Chuck wooters
>wooters@icsi.berkeley.edu

I had problems with the Genius mouse myself with the old driver that I had.
I requested help from the NET and recieved a few comments back, thanks netters.

I recieved version 9.06 of the Genius mouse driver from one guy (sorry can't
remember his name now) and will mail it to you if you want it. This vesion of
the driver solved my problem of the mouse pointer leaving trails on my EGA s
screen in graphics mode.

I answer to your other question about using the Genius mouse with other drivers
then as far as I can tell it is ok. I used my Genius mouse with ms-mouse drivers
(before 9.06 of the Genius driver arrived) with NO problems.

Iain R W Dixon.
If you really want to know, don't ask me!