[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Question about print enhancement pkg - LQ

canderso@nyx.UUCP (Chuck Anderson) (03/23/90)

Hello,

   I've downloaded a print enhancer called LQ and I'm having some trouble
   with it.

   I can not get it to work in resident mode. I believe there's a
   compatability problem. It will print individual files (file mode) just
   fine, but in resident mode it breaks down.

   Does anyone use this and can you help me.

   I have a 286 AT clone (DTK) with Mess Dos 4.01 (perhaps the problem?), and
   640K RAM with extended to 1M.

   The package looks good, but I need to see how it really works. The resident
   mode has an up-to 200k spooler that could be handy as well.

   Thanx in advance.

Chuck Anderson                uucp    :         uunet!udenva!isis!nyx!canderso
Boulder, Co. (303) 494-6278   internet:         canderso@nyx.cs.du.edu

harris@uncecs.edu (Mark Harris) (03/24/90)

In article <356@nyx.UUCP>, canderso@nyx.UUCP (Chuck Anderson) writes:
> Hello,
>
>    I've downloaded a print enhancer called LQ and I'm having some trouble
>    with it.
>
>    I can not get it to work in resident mode. I believe there's a
>    compatability problem. It will print individual files (file mode) just
>    fine, but in resident mode it breaks down.
>
>    Does anyone use this and can you help me.
>
>    I have a 286 AT clone (DTK) with Mess Dos 4.01 (perhaps the problem?), and
>    640K RAM with extended to 1M.

I'm the author of LQ.  The original version didn't respond to calls to
extended keyboard input, and when some programs (such as DOS 4) started
using extended calls, LQ never printed.  The current version (2.35) has no
problems with such calls.  Anything after 2.30 ought to do fine.

I keep Compuserve and all the ASP distributors (PC-SIG, PSL, Public Brand
Software, Shareware Express, ...) current.

- Mark Harris, Granny's Old-Fashioned Software, harris@ecsvax.bitnet
--
     Mark Harris                            mail:harris@ecsvax(UUCP/BITNET)
     Department of Mathematical Sciences

msschaa@cs.vu.nl (Schaap MS) (03/27/90)

In article <1990Mar23.193535.25873@uncecs.edu> harris@uncecs.edu (Mark Harris) writes:
>I'm the author of LQ.  The original version didn't respond to calls to
>extended keyboard input, and when some programs (such as DOS 4) started
>using extended calls, LQ never printed.  The current version (2.35) has no
>problems with such calls.  Anything after 2.30 ought to do fine.
>
>I keep Compuserve and all the ASP distributors (PC-SIG, PSL, Public Brand
>Software, Shareware Express, ...) current.

Could someone please upload it to Simtel?

Thanks in advance,

	Michael Schaap
	msschaa@cs.vu.nl