[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Diablo 630

rickr@virtech.uucp (Rick Rodman) (03/24/90)

I'm sure this is an old question, but does anyone out there have a cable
pinout to connect a Diablo 630 daisywheel printer to a PC serial port?
We don't have a manual on the printer.  But you do get Real Letter Quality.
No, I'm not interested in another printer.  Thanks!

--
Rick Rodman  	uunet!virtech!rickr 	(703)734-7261(w)   (703)330-9849(h)
Cable & Wireless,	Tysons Corner VA

pault@hp-ptp.HP.COM (Paul_Taira) (03/27/90)

>/ hp-ptp:comp.sys.ibm.pc / rickr@virtech.uucp (Rick Rodman) /  7:29 pm  Mar 23, 1990 /
>
>I'm sure this is an old question, but does anyone out there have a cable
>pinout to connect a Diablo 630 daisywheel printer to a PC serial port?
>We don't have a manual on the printer.  But you do get Real Letter Quality.
>No, I'm not interested in another printer.  Thanks!
>
>--
>Rick Rodman  	uunet!virtech!rickr 	(703)734-7261(w)   (703)330-9849(h)
>Cable & Wireless,	Tysons Corner VA
>----------

    Rick,

       I had a similar problem with a Diablo 620.  The problem was solved by
    adding a null modem adapter to the serial cable.  I have not had any
    problems since that time.

                                 Paul Taira
                           pault@hp-ptp.ptp.hp.com

    BTW,  Would anyone be interested in purchasing a Diablo 620 printer.
    It has has all the manuals and it true letter quality.  It also has
    a tractor feed and three different font wheels.  Say, $200 for the printer.
    Please e-mail for more info.

hbg6@citek.UUCP (John Schuch) (03/28/90)

In article <1400040@hp-ptp.HP.COM> pault@hp-ptp.HP.COM (Paul_Taira) writes:
>>/ hp-ptp:comp.sys.ibm.pc / rickr@virtech.uucp (Rick Rodman) /  7:29 pm  Mar 23, 1990 /
>>
>>I'm sure this is an old question, but does anyone out there have a cable
>>pinout to connect a Diablo 630 daisywheel printer to a PC serial port?
>
>       I had a similar problem with a Diablo 620.  The problem was solved by
>    adding a null modem adapter to the serial cable.  I have not had any

Just make sure your application software can handle Xon-Xoff, Since there
is no hardware handshake on the Diablo 6XX series. I have the manuals so
if you need a copy, we can work something out.

BTW, four of my six 620s are for sale. All have tractor feed option AND
dual bin sheet feeders. $200 + freight from Phoenix

tnx
John