[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Ind Computer Consultants

cohend@dg-rtp.dg.com (Dave Cohen) (03/29/90)

I am looking for a phone number or address for an organization called
'the Independent Computer Consultants of America'. Either that or
a good 'working for yourself' book. Come on - I can tell from some
postings that Corporate America would have nothing to do with
some of you folks...

David Cohen                      |    I chose 'Please Do Not Send Main
cohend@dg-rtp.dg.com             |    Selection' this month in the
{world}!mcnc!rti!dg-rtp!cohend   |    'Boss of the Month' Club.
Data General Corporation, RTP, NC|

randy@rls.UUCP (Randall L. Smith) (03/29/90)

In article <2062@xyzzy.UUCP>, cohend@dg-rtp.dg.com (Dave Cohen) writes:
> I am looking for a phone number or address for an organization called
> 'the Independent Computer Consultants of America'.

That's 1-800-GET-ICCA.  These folks have put together in their free
distribution, what has taken me two years to assemble.  Their dues are
$160/year for one member, $200/year for 2-9 members, and $250/year for
10+.  Not bad at all.  They offer group rates for all sorts of insurance
I've had to assemble by hand, like errors and ommissions insurance.

> Either that or a good 'working for yourself' book.

Go to your local super-duper book store and browse.  I've read several
and they stink, so nothing to recommend.  Sorry...

Cheers!

- randy

Usenet: randy@rls.uucp
Bangpath: ...<backbone>!osu-cis!rls!randy
Internet: rls!randy@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu

markd@silogic.UUCP (Mark DiVecchio) (03/30/90)

In article <2062@xyzzy.UUCP> cohend@dg-rtp.dg.com writes:
>I am looking for a phone number or address for an organization called
>'the Independent Computer Consultants of America'.

ICCA National Office
933 Gardenview Office Parkway
St. Louis, MO 63141
314-997-4633

1-800-GET-ICCA
Compuserve ID 70007,1407
FAX 314-567-5133

--
Mark DiVecchio, Silogic Systems, 619-549-9841                      K3FWT
     9888 Carroll Center Road, Suite 113, San Diego, CA 92126