[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Debugging tool information wanted

mee@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Kevin Kahl) (04/08/90)

In article <8555@hubcap.clemson.edu> ying@hubcap.clemson.edu (Ying Xie) writes:
>One big pain I have when I do programming using PC is that
>it is very hard to debug a program without the help of a
>good debugging tool. How many times have I wished I could
>find a debugging tool like 'dbx' in Unix systems in PC!
>
>Ying Xie
>Department of Computer Science
>Clemson University
>Clemson, SC 29631
>
>ying@hubcap.clemson.edu
>Telephone: (803)653-7780

What can "dbx" do that Turbo Debugger cannot do better?
Borland has announced the upcoming release of TD 2.0.  This includes
the ability to debug memory resident programs, load and relocate
symbol tables (for device driver development).  A new protected mode
286 version is also included (TD286).  Also, mouse support is great!

Really, if dbx (if such a thing exists for the PC) can do anything
useful that TD cannot, I would like to see a description of those features
posted here.

-Kevin Kahl
 mee@ucscb.ucsc.edu