[comp.sys.ibm.pc] 2 Questions: NANSI/DOSAID,VMIX

porter@caip.rutgers.edu (Adam Porter) (04/07/90)

Hi everybody.....

1. NANSI seems very fast, but I find it conflicts with DOSAID.  Is
there anything out there which does the equivalent of DOSAID (changes
screen colors, prompt, etc)?  Or is there a way to get these 2
programs to cooperate?

2. What is the current version of VMIX, and where is it?  (Simtel?)

Thanks a bunch!
--
Adam Porter (porter@caip.rutgers.edu)                          C:\> alp

pabres13@pc.usl.edu (Joubert John V.) (04/08/90)

In article <Apr.7.12.03.01.1990.27518@caip.rutgers.edu> porter@caip.rutgers.edu (Adam Porter) writes:

>Hi everybody.....
>
>1. NANSI seems very fast, but I find it conflicts with DOSAID.  Is
>there anything out there which does the equivalent of DOSAID (changes
>screen colors, prompt, etc)?  Or is there a way to get these 2
>programs to cooperate?

	Although I cannot answer that question directly,  I can offer
some similiar help.  Norton Utilities' "sa" (screen attributes) program
sets the text screen colors (background, text, border) using the ansi
device driver.  I have not tried it with nansi, but I would think that it
would work.  I am assuming that nansi is "yaac" (yet another ansi clone) :-) .

--
John Joubert                                      |  /\  |    /\    |     _
Internet: pabres13@pc.usl.edu                     |  \|<>|>|> \|<>|>|><`|`|

noelroy@kean.ucs.mun.ca (Noel Roy, Economics Dept., Memorial University) (04/09/90)

In article <6423@rouge.usl.edu>, pabres13@pc.usl.edu (Joubert John V.) writes:
> In article <Apr.7.12.03.01.1990.27518@caip.rutgers.edu> porter@caip.rutgers.edu (Adam Porter) writes:
>>
>>Hi everybody.....
>>
>>1. NANSI seems very fast, but I find it conflicts with DOSAID.  Is
>>there anything out there which does the equivalent of DOSAID (changes
>>screen colors, prompt, etc)?  Or is there a way to get these 2
>>programs to cooperate?
>>

> 	Although I cannot answer that question directly,  I can offer
> some similiar help.  Norton Utilities' "sa" (screen attributes) program
> sets the text screen colors (background, text, border) using the ansi
> device driver.  I have not tried it with nansi, but I would think that it
> would work.  I am assuming that nansi is "yaac" (yet another ansi clone) :-) .

I used to run Norton's SI under NANSI.SYS all the time with no
problems.  Now I use PC-Magazine's ANSI.COM with equally satisfactory
results.
--
Dr. Noel Roy  				bitnet:   NOELROY@MUN
Department of Economics			internet: noelroy@kean.ucs.mun.ca