[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Ventura Professional

dchun@alcor.usc.edu (Dale Chun) (04/09/90)

I would like to know how to successfully move a publication and/or
chapter (along with all its datafiles) to another subdirectory without
Ventura Publishing complaining about an Internal Error #0019. I
thought a regular DOS copy and the editing of the filenames in the CHP
file will do, but apparantly, it doesn't. Does anyone out there know
how to move a publication and/or chapter (along with all its
datafiles) without Ventura complaining? Thanks.
							...dale

 name: Dale C. Chun	   | * 2 + 2 = 5, for sufficiently large values of 2.
       Software Consultant | * ...a REAL hacker would rewrite the firmware in
email: dchun@alcor.usc.edu |   the terminal.

cceron@rivm.UUCP (Ronald Abels) (04/09/90)

If you edit the filenames, don't forget the "space" after
each filename.

Ronald Abels

las@frith.uucp (Larry A. Shields {runs Lunapark}) (04/10/90)

Use the copy option under Options/Multi-chapter/copy-all.  2.0 Manual
refernce is 5-222.

==larry

--
LARRY SHIELDS                        USENET: ...!frith!lunapark!larry
P.O. Box 6159                        BIX:  lshields

vera@cadence.com (Vera Vallentin-Price) (04/11/90)

In article <8998@chaph.usc.edu> dchun@alcor.usc.edu (Dale Chun) writes:
>I would like to know how to successfully move a publication and/or
>chapter (along with all its datafiles) to another subdirectory without
>Ventura Publishing complaining about an Internal Error #0019. I
>thought a regular DOS copy and the editing of the filenames in the CHP
>file will do, but apparantly, it doesn't. Does anyone out there know
>how to move a publication and/or chapter (along with all its
>datafiles) without Ventura complaining? Thanks.
>							...dale

The 0019 error has disappeared from my system since I added more expanded
memory to it. I assume you have some expanded memory too (using the
Professional Extension sort of requires it). For moving publications,
try to write and use a batch file that does not load the hyphenation
dictionary, therefore giving you more memory for this operation. You
could just copy your existing vpprof.bat file and edit it, taking
all commands out that pertain to loading the dictionary. You would
have to leave Ventura every time you wanted to use the hyphenation
dictionary and start with your regular vpprof.bat.

Also, if you don't already use these, set up your config.sys to
use himem.sys and smartdrv.sys. Himem.sys gives you 64K more base
memory that VP can use directly. And smartdrv.sys does a good job
on caching. Both files are included in the Windows 286/386 package.
I believe, that at least himem.sys is part of the DOS 4.01 release.

The DOS copy command does transfer the files in subdirectories and
editing the *.chp file works, but it doesn't copy any files that were
imported from a floppy or from another hard drive. Use the "Options ->
Multichapter -> Copy All" function instead. You can open your
publication and list all the files contained in your  publication and
you can then define a new directory for transfering all your files.

Good Luck!

Vera.