[comp.sys.ibm.pc] HELP! Virus in my system

gil@jtsv16.UUCP (gil) (04/13/90)

When I booted by trusty '286 this morning I got a message that reads
something like:

	"your computer is stoned."

My guess :-) is that there is a virus running around in my system (no
fever yet). Does anybody have any advice on what to do to cure it?

	Gil

+-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
| Gil Hauer                   |                                           |
| Tech Noir Inc.              |       gil@jtsv16.jts.com                  |
| Toronto +1 416 653-8276     |  or:  uunet!jtsv16!gil                    |
+-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------+

dchun@alcor.usc.edu (Dale Chun) (04/14/90)

In article <1380@jtsv16.UUCP> gil@jtsv16.UUCP (gil) writes:

>When I booted by trusty '286 this morning I got a message that reads
>something like:
>
>	"your computer is stoned."
>
>My guess :-) is that there is a virus running around in my system (no
>fever yet). Does anybody have any advice on what to do to cure it?

This is definitely a case of the Stones Virus and can be cured by a
program found on simtel20.arpa. I don't have a program to kill the
virus currently in my unix account nor have easy access to one.

							...dale

 name: Dale C. Chun	   | * 2 + 2 = 5, for sufficiently large values of 2.
       Software Consultant | * ...a REAL hacker would rewrite the firmware in
email: dchun@alcor.usc.edu |   the terminal.