[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Word for Windows --> get Ami Professional instead

francis@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Francis Ho) (04/11/90)

In article <1505.261750c3@ncsatl.uucp> sadow@ncsatl.uucp (Scott C. Sadow) writes:
>In article <261546b7.20da@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU>, jdudeck@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (John R. Dudeck) writes:
>However, I do know that Ami is very usable, it just has fewer trimmings. (I
>think there are discounts for students, but I don't recall the details) As
>I understand it, Ami Professional is for the more serious users and Ami is
>for casual users.

	Samna has no student discounts!

>   For information, contact Samna (who wrote Ami and Ami Professional) at
>(800) 831-9679
>--
>Scott Sadow			...gatech!ncsatl!sadow

/f

pabres13@pc.usl.edu (Joubert John V.) (04/15/90)

In article <1990Apr10.200811.2003@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> francis@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Francis Ho) writes:
>In article <1505.261750c3@ncsatl.uucp> sadow@ncsatl.uucp (Scott C. Sadow) writes:
>>In article <261546b7.20da@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU>, jdudeck@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (John R. Dudeck) writes:
>>However, I do know that Ami is very usable, it just has fewer trimmings. (I
>>think there are discounts for students, but I don't recall the details) As
>>I understand it, Ami Professional is for the more serious users and Ami is
>>for casual users.
>
>	Samna has no student discounts!

	Hmmm, that's funny!  I just called Samna and purchased Ami Professional
from them WITH their student discount program for a mere $200.  Buyer Beware,
output from Ami Professional (like any Windows Program) to a nine pin printer
STINKS!  Printing is done in one pass, and what it catches, it prints... no
double passes to fill in the gaps, nothing.  Looks like hell.  I called Samna
and they told me that is the way the Windows printer drivers work. Ech.

John Joubert                                      |  /\  |    /\    |     _
Internet: pabres13@pc.usl.edu                     |  \|<>|>|> \|<>|>|><`|`|