[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Suggestions for New DOS...

greg@dekalb.UUCP (Greg Philmon) (05/03/90)

In article <1597@mindlink.UUCP> a523@mindlink.UUCP (Frank Murray) writes:
>Dear MicroSoft, (If you are listening...)
>
>What I would really like for MS-DOS 5 ??? is the lifting of the 640K BASE DOS
> [all kinds of mouth-watering semi-possible features deleted]

How about a command called FIX.COM.  Then, if you accidently formatted a disk,
you could fix it.  If you left all you're programs at home when it was time to
turn them in, FIX would recreate them.  If the power went off with ten hours of
work on your RAMdisk, no problem!

If your daughter got pregnant, your boss was a jerk, or your wife was having an
affair - FIX.COM to the rescue!

FIX could take care of IRS audits, overdue bills, and female pets.

It's uses are numerous!  So come on, Microsoft, let's get to work!

--
            | Greg Philmon  ...gatech!dekalb!greg |