[comp.sys.ibm.pc] VGA Feature connecter.

wayne.ho@f526.n250.z1.fidonet.org (wayne ho) (05/01/90)

 g> Could someone please tell me what the feature connector at the top of
 g> IBM standard VGA cards is for. All I know is that it is an IBM Standard.
 g> Thanks.

Could you post a short summary, or send email to me, as I have no idea what
it is for either?  Thank you.

                                                Wayne

--- Maximus-CBCS v1.00
 * Origin: MeTaStAsIo'S BBS - `File creation error' (416)487-9093 (1:250/526)

marshall@wind55.seri.gov (Marshall L. Buhl) (05/04/90)

wayne.ho@f526.n250.z1.fidonet.org (wayne ho) writes:

> g> Could someone please tell me what the feature connector at the top of
> g> IBM standard VGA cards is for. All I know is that it is an IBM Standard.
> g> Thanks.

>Could you post a short summary, or send email to me, as I have no idea what
>it is for either?  Thank you.

The only time I've seen it used was when I got a Dell with their advanced
video board.  Since the board didn't support VGA, you link a standard VGA
board to the advanced board through the feature connector.  That way you
connected the monitor to one of the boards, but would get the services of
both.
--
Marshall L. Buhl, Jr.                EMAIL: marshall@seri.gov
Senior Computer Engineer             VOICE: (303)231-1014