[comp.sys.ibm.pc] VT320

denbeste@bgsuvax.UUCP (William C. DenBesten) (05/03/90)

From article <13680001@acf5.NYU.EDU>, by mitsolid@acf5.NYU.EDU (Thanasis Mitsolides):
> Do you know how a vt320 is better than a vt102?
> Any info would be appreciated.

The 320 is a much more comfortable terminal to use.  It has a flat 14"
screen instead of a curved 12 inch screen.  Characters are better
formed and easier to read.  The screen is available in amber, which is
easier on the eyes.

The keyboard is less tall.  It has much better tactile feedback.  The
arrow keys are conviently located as an inverted T.

The case is physically about half the size and has a built in tilt
stand.  An optional rotating stand is available.

It also runs very fast.  I don't have to wait for the terminal, as you
do with a vt100 or a vt102.

In short, I love my vt320, and would not trade back down to a vt100
for anything.  It is well worth the price difference to buy a used
vt320 instead of a used vt102.

(Yes, I know he probably wants to know about emulation, but he asked about
the terminals themselves.)
--
William C. DenBesten   is   denbeste@bgsu.edu  or   denbesten@bgsuopie.bitnet

phil@pepsi.amd.com (Phil Ngai) (05/04/90)

In article <5777@bgsuvax.UUCP> denbeste@bgsuvax.UUCP (William C. DenBesten) writes:
|From article <13680001@acf5.NYU.EDU>, by mitsolid@acf5.NYU.EDU (Thanasis Mitsolides):
|> Do you know how a vt320 is better than a vt102?
|> Any info would be appreciated.
|
|The 320 is a much more comfortable terminal to use.

Maybe it was just me or a bad batch, but when I moved from a 220 to
a 320, I had eye problems. Something about the screen strained my
eyes much faster. Anyone else feel this effect?

--
Phil Ngai, phil@amd.com		{uunet,decwrl,ucbvax}!amdcad!phil
Government: organized crime with an attitude.