[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Turbo-C, Keyboard Enhancer Required

elliott@optilink.UUCP (Paul Elliott x225) (05/03/90)

In article <43773@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>, bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) writes:
> gary@brb.isnet.inmos.co.uk <40.263c8496@brb.isnet.inmos.co.uk> :
> -[...]
> -software would hopefully allow me to map some unused ALT key to
> -"control K,B" and a second to say "cursor down,controlK,K". I would
> -find this far more convenient for marking blocks.
>
> F' cryin' out loud...
>
> There's a program that is very well suited to this.  It's called "TCINST",
> and among other things it redefines the keystrokes used to invoke all
> the editor functions.

Unfortunately TCINST won't map a keystroke to perform multiple actions, as
Gary asked for ("cursor down, controlK,K").  You _can_ redefine the keystrokes
that invoke the built in TC editor commands, but you are stuck with those
commands.

There are a few keyboard macro programs available, but I'm no help, because
I don't know where to find them :-(

.
--
      Paul M. Elliott      Optilink Corporation     (707) 795-9444
            {uunet, pyramid, pixar, tekbspa}!optilink!elliott

bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) (05/05/90)

[I flamed a request for means to bind TC editor functions to new keys...]

elliott@optilink.UUCP (Paul Elliott x225) <3547@optilink.UUCP> :
-Unfortunately TCINST won't map a keystroke to perform multiple actions, as
-Gary asked for ("cursor down, controlK,K").  You _can_ redefine the keystrokes
-that invoke the built in TC editor commands, but you are stuck with those
-commands.

Oops, my fault, I skimmed the original request a bit too quickly I guess.
For multiple-action things, I use a (shareware? commercial now?) program
called Newkey --- versions can be found on BBS's and possibly simtel20.
Also, Borland's Superkey should work.