[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Some of Seagate's ST251-1's running

cs122bm@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (05/05/90)

	Seems like it would almost make one want to write a letter to
Byte magazine, or some other magazine with a high industry visability. I'm
sure the majority of customers would never know/check that they've gotten
the slower model...

	Michael J. Linden, cs122bm@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

	(University of Illinois at Champaign/Urbana)

beekun@unssun.nevada.edu (R. I. Beekun) (05/06/90)

In article <17100057@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> cs122bm@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>	Seems like it would almost make one want to write a letter to
>Byte magazine, or some other magazine with a high industry visability. I'm
>sure the majority of customers would never know/check that they've gotten
>the slower model...

Definitely. PC World has a section in each issue entitled "Consumer
Watch". The editor of this section will investigate your complaint,
contact Seagate, and try to get your problem solved. She then publishes
the results of her investigation in the section.

It is a very effective way of solving your problem, and I have seen
quite a few of the major hardware and software corporations bend
backwards to avoid getting a bad rap from PC World.

Here is the address you should write to:

PC WORLD,
Editorial Dpt (attn: Consumer Watch)
501 Second St.,
San Francisco, CA 94107

FAX: (415) 442-1891

Hope this helps.

R.I.

PS: I am not connected in any way to PC World except as a subscriber to
their magazine.