[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Scrolling the PC Screen

twb@cbnewsh.ATT.COM (thomas.w.beattie) (05/03/90)

I am interested in getting a utility that would allow me to scroll
back thru my PC's screen output.
If I use a comm. program to connect to UN*X I can then scroll back thru
the UN*X session, but locally on the PC I can't scroll back.

Has anyone seen anything like this?
Is there a reason it is difficult to do?

---
Tom Beattie
att!hoqaa!twb
t.w.beattie@att.com
_C_o_w_a_-_B_u_n_g_l_e_!

sonny@solaria.harris-atd.com (Bob Davis) (05/05/90)

In article <10057@cbnewsh.ATT.COM> twb@cbnewsh.ATT.COM (thomas.w.beattie,ho,) writes:

>I am interested in getting a utility that would allow me to scroll
>back thru my PC's screen output.
>If I use a comm. program to connect to UN*X I can then scroll back thru
>the UN*X session, but locally on the PC I can't scroll back.
>
>Tom Beattie

Tom,
One of the best scroll recallers I'm aware of is FANSI-Console
available by anonymous ftp from Simtel in directory PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN>.
Get FCON200.ARC and FCONSDOC.ARC. This replacement for DOS's ANSI.SYS
has many, many features besides the scroll recall (speeds up key
repeat rate, allows saving the scroll recall buffer to a file, screen
blanking, and I-don't-know-what-all)

	I am curious to see if someone posts info on a GOOD program
for providing ONLY the scroll recall function.
	-bd-

PS After experiencing scroll recall, I would sure hate to give it up.

Bob Davis			 \\\ INTERNET : sonny@trantor.harris-atd.com
Harris Corporation, ESS		  \\\	 UUCP : ...!uunet!x102a!trantor!sonny
Advanced Technology Department	   \\\ AETHER : K4VNO
PO Box 37, MS 3A/1912		    \\\	VOICE : (407) 727-5886
Melbourne, FL 32902		     \\\  FAX : (407) 729-2537

mouse@vaxb.acs.unt.edu (Dhanapong Saengrussamee, University of North Texas) (05/08/90)

--
I do have a shareware program that will do just that.  It is, a TSR program,
called BACKSCRL.  IT IS PRETTY OLD!  Copyright in 1983.  Still good though.

E-mail me if you/anybody need it.  If many interested, I'll post.

__Mouse .o()~
-----------------------------------+------------------------------------------
Dhanapong "Mouse" Saengrussamee    | AppleLink : U1364 | BITNET : mouse@untvax
Technical Support, CECS Dept.,     | BIX : d.mouse.s | CompuServe : 71301,1516
University of North Texas,         | GENie : d.saengrussa | IP : 129.120.1.4
PO Box 5155, Denton, TX 76203-5155 | Internet : mouse@vaxb.acs.unt.edu
voice (817) 565-4379               | SPAN : utspan::utandx::untvax::mouse
fax   (817) 565-4425               | THENet : untvax::mouse
------------------- UUCP : {...!uunet!convex!iex}!ntvax!vaxb.acs.unt.edu!mouse
This is not the end.                  <-- This is a quote from a movie not a
This is not the beginning of the end. <   disclaimer.  I am, just a graduate
This is the end of the beginning.     <   student, not allowed to disclaim
                    - R. Sherman      <   anything.