[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Looking for FSUUCP

mholtz@sactoh0.UUCP (Mark A. Holtz) (05/08/90)

I am looking for a up to date version of FSUUCP, a news reader/mail
program for the ibm-pc. I also could use a dumb mail address for
the author. Can any of you folks help?
--
  "Exotic swords are easy to    *+* UUCP:
  come by....Aces are rare."    +$+  ucbvax!ucdavis!csusac!  \

ardai@bass.bu.edu (Michael Ardai) (05/08/90)

In article <3017@sactoh0.UUCP> mholtz@sactoh0.UUCP (Mark A. Holtz) writes:
>I am looking for a up to date version of FSUUCP, a news reader/mail
>program for the ibm-pc. I also could use a dumb mail address for
>the author. Can any of you folks help?
>--

Check in mirrors/msdos/bbs on wuarchive.wustl.edu.  You also need to grab
the x00.sys driver from mirrors/msdos/fossil.  I am currently trying to get
it to work on my PC at home, but I am having a few problems getting it to
log into the sun at work...  Snail mail to:
Christopher J. Ambler
Fubar Systems
1525 Mill #6
San Luis Obispo CA 93401-2543    (805)546-0820

It definitely looks nice (well worth the $35) and does not have the 'bbs'
look that waffle does.  Good luck.
/mike

\|/ Michael L. Ardai     ardai@bu-pub.bu.edu
--- ---------------------------------------------------------------
/|\ ...!sun!teda!maven.dnet!ardai (preferred)

phil@pepsi.amd.com (Phil Ngai) (05/09/90)

In article <3017@sactoh0.UUCP> mholtz@sactoh0.UUCP (Mark A. Holtz) writes:
|I am looking for a up to date version of FSUUCP, a news reader/mail
|program for the ibm-pc. I also could use a dumb mail address for
|the author. Can any of you folks help?

I tried to get on his BBS several weeks ago: he has a "verification
procedure" where he calls you collect. I dialed up last night and
the banner said that he's been behind doing verifications. I
still couldn't get in.

Perhaps he supports fsuucp better than he runs his bbs?
Perhaps not any better. Who knows.

--
Phil Ngai, phil@amd.com		{uunet,decwrl,ucbvax}!amdcad!phil
Are you a cloth diaper type?

cambler@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Fubar) (05/09/90)

ardai@bass.bu.edu (Michael Ardai) recently informed us:
>In article <3017@sactoh0.UUCP> mholtz@sactoh0.UUCP (Mark A. Holtz) writes:
>>I am looking for a up to date version of FSUUCP, a news reader/mail
>>program for the ibm-pc. I also could use a dumb mail address for
>>the author. Can any of you folks help?
>>--
>
>Check in mirrors/msdos/bbs on wuarchive.wustl.edu.  You also need to grab
>the x00.sys driver from mirrors/msdos/fossil.  I am currently trying to get
>it to work on my PC at home, but I am having a few problems getting it to
>log into the sun at work...  Snail mail to:
>Christopher J. Ambler
>Fubar Systems
>1525 Mill #6
>San Luis Obispo CA 93401-2543    (805)546-0820

Hey, that's me :-)

fsuucp version 1.0 is in the process of being uploaded to polyslo.calpoly.edu
and simtel20 (by another party). Please note that 1.0 OBSOLETES 1.0B which
was the beta version of same.

More information in the docs, look for the file FSUUCP10.[ARC|ZIP] at
theatres near you. check local listings for time and channel. Your milage
may vary.

>It definitely looks nice (well worth the $35) and does not have the 'bbs'
>look that waffle does.  Good luck.

I try...

--
++Christopher(); --- cambler@polyslo.calpoly.edu --- chris@fubarsys.slo.ca.us