[comp.sys.ibm.pc] vga monitors correction

eggbert@bucsf.bu.edu (Eugene Wang) (05/09/90)

  OK, those with an eagle eye and a quick wit will notice that there are
two different measurements for the Multisync 3D listed. Which one is
correct?
  I don't know. PC Mag lists a measurement for each monitor separately
while PC groups the monitors together and states that they are all 14".
Believe whoever you will.
  Maybe someone out there with a 3D and a ruler at the same time can help
us out.
--

Eugene Wang
eggbert@bucsf.bu.edu

mcdonald@aries.scs.uiuc.edu (Doug McDonald) (05/09/90)

In article <EGGBERT.90May9103150@bucsf.bu.edu> eggbert@bucsf.bu.edu (Eugene Wang) writes:

>  OK, those with an eagle eye and a quick wit will notice that there are
>two different measurements for the Multisync 3D listed. Which one is
>correct?
>  I don't know. PC Mag lists a measurement for each monitor separately
>while PC groups the monitors together and states that they are all 14".
>Believe whoever you will.
>  Maybe someone out there with a 3D and a ruler at the same time can help
>us out.
>--
Certainly. My 3D measures 13 inches across the diagonal. Not all video
modes, however, will completely fill the screen. So will, some won't.

Doug McDonald

chao@volcano.Berkeley.EDU (Chia-Chi Chao) (05/10/90)

In article <EGGBERT.90May9103150@bucsf.bu.edu> eggbert@bucsf.bu.edu (Eugene Wang) writes:

>  OK, those with an eagle eye and a quick wit will notice that there are
>two different measurements for the Multisync 3D listed. Which one is
>correct?
>  I don't know. PC Mag lists a measurement for each monitor separately
>while PC groups the monitors together and states that they are all 14".
>Believe whoever you will.
>  Maybe someone out there with a 3D and a ruler at the same time can help
>us out.

14" CRT with 13" diagonal view.

freeptos@mips.COM (Dan Freitas) (05/10/90)

In article <EGGBERT.90May9103150@bucsf.bu.edu> eggbert@bucsf.bu.edu (Eugene Wang) writes:

>  Maybe someone out there with a 3D and a ruler at the same time can help
>us out.
>--
>
>Eugene Wang
>eggbert@bucsf.bu.edu

My handy dandy Stanley tape measure says my NEC-3D has a diagonal measurment
of 13".  Page 3 of the manual says, quote "The MultiSync 3D Color Monitor has a
14" diagonally measured, non-glare CRT that yields a 13" viewing area".

BTW, the plastic face plate only measures 13"...

							Dan Freitas
--

UUCP : {decvax,ucbvax,hplabs}!decwrl!mips!freeptos   or  freeptos@mips.com
USPS : Mips Computer Systems; 930 Arques Ave; Sunnyvale, Ca  94086