[comp.sys.ibm.pc] **WIDE** Column Text Editor

tomr@ashtate (Tom Rombouts) (05/26/90)

In article <NELSON.90May10224202@image.clarkson.edu> nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu writes:
>In article <1123.26482c59@ccvax.ucd.ie> h235_022@ccvax.ucd.ie (Gordon T Gopher at CCVAX) writes:
>
>   Does anyone have any info about the existence of an editor which will handle
>   **very** wide lines (600 columns and above) ? ?

I am a lone voice in a wilderness of BRIEF users, but I have been
using WordPerfect's P-Edit for four years.  (It is bundled with the
WordPerfect library and is about 55K)  Its line length limit is 64K,
it seems to have no limit on file size (I have opened c. 2 MEG files)
and features an instant HEX/ASCII display toggle.

(And if they would only make a UNIX version, I would no longer
have to suffer through the ordeal of VI  :-) )

.

maner@bgsuvax.UUCP (Walter Maner) (05/26/90)

From article <947@ashton.UUCP>, by tomr@ashtate (Tom Rombouts):
> In article <NELSON.90May10224202@image.clarkson.edu> nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu writes:
>>In article <1123.26482c59@ccvax.ucd.ie> h235_022@ccvax.ucd.ie (Gordon T Gopher at CCVAX) writes:
>>
>>   Does anyone have any info about the existence of an editor which will handle
>>   **very** wide lines (600 columns and above) ? ?
>>
> I am a lone voice in a wilderness of BRIEF users, but I have been
> using WordPerfect's P-Edit for four years.  (It is bundled with the
> WordPerfect library and is about 55K)  Its line length limit is 64K,
> it seems to have no limit on file size (I have opened c. 2 MEG files)
> and features an instant HEX/ASCII display toggle.

Lines in CompuView's VEDIT can be 8000 characters wide.
--

InterNet maner@andy.bgsu.edu  (129.1.1.2)    | BGSU, Comp Science Dept
UUCP     ... ! osu-cis ! bgsuvax ! maner     | Bowling Green, OH 43403