[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Hunt for Right SCSI board

emmo@moncam.co.uk (Dave Emmerson) (05/26/90)

In article <19450058@hpfinote.HP.COM>, pnl@hpfinote.HP.COM (Peter Lim) writes:
> [deleted]
> I need to find a SCSI controller that can be
> told to stay secondary (ie port address 170 to 177, 370 to 377). And
> also, the SCSI must not attempt to boot when the machine is turned on.

It works in my homebrew system (286 AMI/NEAT motherboard) as either, along
with a Seagate ST11R controller, with either configured for primary (lowest
BIOS address).

It's 16 bit, a shade pricey as it has Novell net hardware onboard, and
reasonably documented. If you expect to add networking I can strongly
recommend it.

Dave E.

-Disclaimer, datclaimer, take your pick.