[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Soundfiles, Simpsons, Remac etc

komatsu@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (David Komatsu) (05/27/90)

	I am currently looking for soundfiles for the Macintosh.  I need
the pure binary file so I can listen to them on an IBM using REMAC.  I
also would like to know if there is any UNIX program that will
"unstuff" or "unbinhex" a program.  I notice that the files on simtel
are stuffed and I can't unstuff them.  I would appreciate any help,
soundfiles, or leads to ftp sites with soundfiles especially the
simpsons soundfile.  Also if you want any of the following I am
mailing them out.

1)  Simpsons Family Portrait (postscript picture)
2)  Simpsons color GIF
3)  Remac max (includes several soundfiles)
4)  Remac (just executible and docs)

Thanks!

komatsu@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu   |  "It was a certain kind of madness
komatsu@aludra.usc.edu           |   it upsets me that there's no one
-----> Dave                      |   else like me."

ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard) (05/27/90)

In article <7904@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu>, komatsu@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (David Komatsu) writes:

> 	I am currently looking for soundfiles for the Macintosh.  I need
> the pure binary file so I can listen to them on an IBM using REMAC.  I
> also would like to know if there is any UNIX program that will
> "unstuff" or "unbinhex" a program.  I notice that the files on simtel
> are stuffed and I can't unstuff them.  I would appreciate any help,
> soundfiles, or leads to ftp sites with soundfiles especially the
> simpsons soundfile.  Also if you want any of the following I am
> mailing them out.

David, you can get 'unsit' from the sumex archives, in the info-mac/unix
directory.  I've used it yesterday to pull the data resources from stuffit
archives.  These files can then be transferred to the PC for REMAC to play.

Fantastic program, REMAC is.  Is it shareware?  Are there going to be enhancements?

Looking forward to future developments,

Eric, tinkerer-at-large
--
Eric Sheppard      Georgia Tech    |  "Of course the US Constitution isn't
Atlanta, GA                        | perfect; but it's a lot better than what