[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Wordstar 5.5 and Postscript

marks@cattie.UUCP (05/29/90)

small@boole.seas.ucla.edu (James F. Small/;093090) writes:

> Is there a way to make Wordstar 5.5 create postscript print files?
> I don't have an apple laserwriter, but UCLA does and I would like to
> print out my resume with post script.  Can I create postscript files
> with wordstar and if so how (eg, which drivers must I load, and where
> should I tell it to print to (like what file, etc ...))

I don't know about 5.5 specifically, but with 5.0 you could always do
this by redirecting the output to a file from within the print menu.
Simply enter into the line that says to redirect to blah.  Make very certain
that you do not have the print spooler (print.com) loaded.  I have seen where
this interferes with wordstar.

Also note, if you have an old laserwriter, it is necessary to remove the lines
that are something like 0.0 0.0 0.0 setcolor because the old laserwriters
barf on theese.  I don't know about the new ones.

happy hunting.
-----
Mark Schaffer     ...!uunet!cbmvax!hutch!cattie!marks
                  16448591@vuvaxcom.BITNET