[comp.sys.ibm.pc] mail program on pc that will read unix formatted files, ie mbox

cs163wau@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (Gary H) (05/08/90)

Is there a program that will read unix formatted files (ie mbox) for
the XT? I work on Unix alot, and when my mbox reaches 200 k I usually
xfer it to my XT at home for a record so I can refer to it later.

Thanks,
Gary

rand@mks.com (Randall Howard) (05/29/90)

In article <10262@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> cs163wau@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (Gary H) writes:

>Is there a program that will read unix formatted files (ie mbox) for
>the XT? I work on Unix alot, and when my mbox reaches 200 k I usually
>xfer it to my XT at home for a record so I can refer to it later.
>
>Thanks,
>Gary
The MKS Toolkit "mailx" utility will do what you like (among other things).
It is a complete emulation of the mail reading program "mailx" from System
V as well as reasonably compatible with the Berkeley "Mail" utility.

--
     ll  // // ,~/~~\'   Randall Howard
    /ll/// //l' `\\\     Mortice Kern Systems Inc.